Keeping fit in summer always seems easier, but when the nights get darker and the weather gets colder it’s often hard to stay on track as keeping warm on the couch tends to be more inviting.
So with winter just beginning I thought I’d share some tips on how to keep up your fitness regime up over winter. I for one, am feeling very motivated right now. I had to have a pep talk to myself a few weeks ago as I was in a slump, so I made a promise to be more patient and present, and guess what, I haven’t looked back!!! The past 10 days I have been head down bum up and have felt a huge turn around with my training and having a more positive mindset.
Here are some tips to keep you on track:
1. Before you join a gym, amongst other things consider where the gym is. Is it on the way home from work or near work? Is it close to home? These are great locations as it means you will pass the gym regularly, making it more difficult to pretend it doesn’t exist.
2. Remember that variety is the spice of life so try to do a range of different workouts and make some of them fun. Try a dance class, do some yoga. Variety is key, that way you’re less likely to get bored and give up.
3. Try exercising with a friend. Catch up with them while you walk and talk, then not only is your mind distracted you also burn a few more calories. Also, if your training buddy is relying on you, it makes it harder to pull out of the session.
4. Reward yourself for your efforts (not with food lol). Lost a few kgs? Ran for an extra 10 minutes? Then treat yourself to that new book, book in for a massage or buy that new outfit that you’ve had your eye on. You deserve it!!
5. Consider working with a personal trainer or join an online program as this will mean that you really maximize your exercise time with a structured training program. Being kept accountable is CRUCIAL when it comes to staying on track!
6. Write down your goals and reasons for exercise then whenever you feel your resolve remind yourself of them. Make your goal relative to looking great in your swimwear at the beach come Summer.
7. Use exercise as a stress reliever. Smashing some weights around or doing a spin class is a great way to forget the stresses of the day and release those happy endorphins. Using exercise in this way will also mean you associate exercise with feeling good so it won’t feel like such a chore.
8. If you do miss a work out don’t beat yourself up over it or give up. We all lapse sometimes but it doesn’t have to mean your fitness regime is over, as long as you get back to it asap all is not lost.
Remember that if you feel stuck in a rut and not sure where to start then help is here. I would love to help you gain control of your goals once and for all. The women that I have worked with get amazing results, not only pphysically but emotionally as well. I feel that the more support and guidance that you have on your journey the better!!!
CLICK HERE for more info on how you can join my comminuty of Fit and Healthy Women!
Here is a quick reminder of what you get when you invest in one of my online programs:
- You get access to our super supportive Facebook forum where I will help guide you on your journey.
- Amazing tasting healthy recipes that are good enough for the whole family to eat
- Training Programs for the Gym and for Home
- 24/7 support and encouragement from the other ladies in the forum, be prepared to make lifelong friends!
- You gain access to the members area of this site where you have access to an exercise library with 100’s of exercises plus core & stretch routines.
- Mindset tools!
- Vegetarian and Vegan food plans available
- Loads of ongoing tips and assistance to help you stay motivated and on track!
The Plans I have On My site Would suit you at any stage, I have the below plans available.
- CLICK HERE for my Pre-Pregnancy Training and Nutrition Plan
- CLICK HERE for my Pregnancy Training Plan and Food Guide
- CLICK HERE for my Post Pregnancy Training and Nutrition Plan
- CLICK HERE for my 6 Week Fat loss Plan for any woman who is looking to shift those last 5 kgs
Let’s do This!!!
As always if you have any questions please email me on Justine@fithealthymums.com